It’s not quite a long ago when everyone would whiz around on low-tech skateboards or roller skates. We definitely cannot say that those alternative and amazingly comfortable modes of transport are any less popular these days, but we can undoubtedly claim that now-a-days people are more into a small, two-wheeled, self-balancing scooter that allows everyone to hop on and ride anywhere with virtually no extra effort- that we simply call a hoverboard!
A hoverboard is a wondrous form of transport that is not only fun to ride but it also allows the rider to improve her/his “adjust and reflex” capability. Hoverboards are one of those inventions that makes us feel as if they came straight out of any science-fiction novel! Hence, owning a hoverboard is such a treat itself. Maybe this is the reason why despite some boards costing upwards of $1,500, these have quickly become a popular commodity, with kids in elementary school to elderly grandparents riding them around the house and on the streets.
15 Best Self Balancing Scooter
Like every other popular toy, hoverboards have plenty of options in the market. Some may have really good quality materials, some are pretty good at speed, again some have some amazing tires and some may have quite a good battery life. So have you decided which one matches your requirements? Not yet? Don’t worry! In this article we have picked some of the best hoverboards that are pretty popular in the market. We hope this article helps you to know your requirements and select the perfect one according to those requirements!
1. Gyroor Hoverboard Warrior
The Gyroor hoverboard warrior was the game changer self-balancing scooter of its time as it was the scooter that took hoverboards off-roads and changed the whole definition of off-road scooting! The scooter features a 700w motor that weighs less than many hoverboards of this time. In addition, a rider can enjoy her/ his ride on any terrain that includes dirt, grass, debris, etc. thanks to its 8.5 inches tires with ultimate resistance. Also, you will get three attractive colour options- red, blue, and black. Moreover, it takes only a few hours to get completely charged for all day use. Above all, this hoverboard offers a built-in music system along with an app for your smartphone so that you never feel lost on the go.
- Motor is 350W*2 Motors
- Comes with Colorful LED Lights
- Maximum Speed is 9.95 Miles/Hour
- Takes 1.5 to 2 Hours for charging
- Distance on Full Charge is 7.5~9.5 Miles
- Comes with UL 2272 Certification
- Features Pro Music Speaker
- Comes with 4.0Ah/36V Powerful lithium Battery
- IP54 water resistance
- Can hold upto 265 Pounds
- The scooter’s total weight is 33 Pounds.
- Maximum Climbing Angle is 30 °
- Frame Material is Metal and Aluminum
- Features 8.5 inch/215mm Rubber Solid Tires
- Needs AC100 to 240V/50-60Hz of charging voltage
- Product Dimensions are 29.6 Inch x 9.9 Inch x 8.8 Inch
- All Terrain Hoverboard
- Flexible but durable aluminum casing with ABS
- Comes with bluetooth Speakers
- Patented self-balancing technology
- Adjustable speed
- Fast full charge time
- Convenient for beginners
- Easy to learn
- Good battery life
- Above average weight
- Not as fast as we would hope for, but good enough for a $300 USD hoverboard
This off-road self-balancing scooter embodies futuristic gadgets that we all know and loves. The app, built-in music system, and off-road capabilities are some of the most amazing additions for a hoverboard. You will definitely love this one.
2. Segway Ninebot S
Segway Ninebot S Smart one of the best scooters that meet high standards for fire and electrical safety. These important features make it suitable for city rides. This scooter comes with a waterproof battery that never stops working in any weather condition and lasts up to 13.7 miles on a single charge. The scooter features a maximum weight capacity of 220 lbs along with dual 400w motors. This is a super lightweight scooter that weighs only 28 lbs. The pneumatic tires of 10.5’’ allows the scooter to act well grounded on uneven and bumpy terrains. Above all, the anti-theft functions, speed limitations, and vehicle’s self diagnosis, basically everything can be controlled by installing a single app!
- While the Ninebot s only weighs 28 lbs, it can take upto 220 lbs of weight. This is surprisingly 7.5 times its weight!
- The scooter features a waterproof and Powerful battery that can run for up to 13.7 miles on a single, full charge no matter how the weather condition is.
- The 10.5 inch anti-skid pneumatic tires result in trouble-free riding on bumpy roads and greater grip on uneven terrains.
- The scooter is Tamper proof
- Comes with an anti-theft alarm that sends a warning notification to your phone whenever the Ninebot S is moved without approval. This can be adjusted and controlled through the Segway Mobile App.
- The scooter comes with Headlights and customizable LED tail lights. Hence, whether it is day or night, a rider can easily maintain her/his vision and stay seen in style. You can Choose from over 16 million colors offered by the 24-bit palette, alongside a number of lighting styles ranging from flickering and flashing to pulsating.
- The scooter features a comfortable Knee bar that Allows for pinpoint steering, along with functioning as a handle for easy lifting and transportation.
- The Ninebot S meets a high standard of both electrical and fire safety that ensure high safety priority.
- Features Dual 400W motors
- Maximum speed is of 10 mph
- Available in black/white design variants
- great quality and value at a reasonable price.
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Excellently designed wheels for a very smooth and fun riding experience
- Great battery life, a good speed and less charging time
- smartphone app enables so many functions
- knee balancing rod is non-adjustable
A great quality scooter at a really reasonable price. The smartphone app it comes with, makes so many functions easy to handle. Ensures visibility and safety while riding. This self-balancing scooter is one of the ideal options for everyone.
3. Hover-1 Hoverboard Electric Scooter
This Hover-1 Hoverboard Electric Scooter features an innovative design and gyroscope technology that allows you to explore the town comfortably. You can relish your safe and smooth journey while this hoverboard will do the balancing for you. The hoverboard can be connected to an app on your phone via bluetooth that will allow you to monitor and control your hoverboard as well as customize the settings of skill levels, headlights, playlist etc. The maximum speed limit of 10 mph along with adjustable led headlights enables a thrilling ride with perfect visibility. Additionally, this scooter features a maximum distance of 12miles with a single charge of its 36 V Lithium battery that meets UL-certification and UN38.3-certification for meeting all the safety requirements.
- The scooter is UL 2272 Certified
- Dimensions are 30 x 13 x 13 inches
- Features a 500W Motor
- Comes with Li-ion 36V 2,4 Ah Battery
- 10″ Tires ensure smooth and comfortable ride
- Features a Maximum Speed of 7.5 mph
- Maximum Driving Range is 8.5 miles
- Maximum Weight Limit is 265 lbs
- Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Features LED Lights
- Comes with battery indicators; Green means the battery is above 50%, while red means it’s down to 20% or lower.
- Doesn’t take too long to get charged
- Affordable and yet effective and efficient.
- bluetooth speaker capability is below average
This hoverboard is a budget-friendly option for kids and beginners. This features UL-certification, a maximum 4 hours if ride on a single charge at a maximum speed of 7 mph and 12-mile range. We will definitely love to recommend this cheap and yet effective one.
4. TOMOLOO Music-Rhythmed Hoverboard
The TOMOLOO music-rhythmed hoverboard comes with loads of marvelous features that your child can enjoy. The scooter meets all the safety standards that makes this product a reliable one to be used. This self-balancing scooter is a lightweight one that can hold upto 220 lbs of weight. Additionally, this hoverboard is fire and heat resistant that maintains your child’s safety. However, the self-balancing scooter features built-in bluetooth speakers that allows your child to ride the board enjoying the rhythm of music. Besides, the hoverboard’s driving force, speed, and sensitivity can be controlled with an app that allows easy monitoring. The LED lights’ effects and colours can be customized using the app. Above all, the hoverboard ensures an effortless ride for both beginners and experienced riders that makes it an ideal scooter for every child.
- The material and the manufacturing procedure of the shell is so efficient that this makes the self-balancing scooter resistant to heat and high temperature. Also, this shell provides strength and toughness to the hoverboard.
- The hoverboard features 4.0 bluetooth technology and seamless integrated cavity design. These features provide stereo surround sound to the rider.
- This self-balancing scooter also comes with a wondrous RGB LED design that presents the rider with colorful lighting while riding. These lights happen to change colour and twinkle as the music’s rhythm changes, maintaining synchronization.
- The Cruising speed of the scooter is 12 km/h along with long distance for riders up to 220 lbs.
- The battery lasts for 10 km after a single charge
- This is a lightweight scooter weighing 17.6lbs that makes it easy to carry anywhere and everywhere!
- Comes with an one year warranty for wheel hub motor, controller and battery, half a year warranty for charger from the date of purchase.
- The scooter is UL2272 Certified and features MSDS/UN38.3 and UL2271 safety of battery.
- incredible speaker quality and sound output
- Consistent power and performance
- Surprisingly nippy, and yet a good range
- Easy to ride for both adults and kids
- Decent charging time
- An affordable beginner level scooter
- A rider will enjoy an spectacular music-rhythmed light show
- The music-activated lights cannot be deactivated
- Not waterproof that makes it unsuitable for wet weather
Tomoloo self-balancing scooter ensures your child’s protection and it will also make your child’s riding experience so enjoyable with its handy and modern features. This is an amazing product that will help your child to learn properly with its various modes depending on your child’s skills. So if you ask us whether we love this one or not, our answer will undoubtedly be yes!
5. Beston Sports Electric Hoverboard
Beston Sports is one of the leading brands in this niche. Their newest generation electric hoverboard has almost every feature that anyone would ask for in their hoverboard. This features a non-slip footpad is undoubtedly durable and thicker than most of the conventional footpads. Additionally, this one comes with high intensity LED headlights that allows you to have a safe and fun riding experience by clear vision while riding even at night! With its built-in Bluetooth-enabled speaker, a rider can enjoy the ride continuing listening to her/his favorite music. Above all, the scooter is certified to comply with US UL standards that enables it to ride with safety.
- The scooter comes with US UL Certification that makes it undoubtedly safe to ride on
- Comes with Lithium Battery 36V, 2.0Ah
- The scooter can take upto 180 lbs of weight
- One of its great features is thick and durable NONE-SLIP FOOT PAD. it gives a rider better stability and traction experience while riding.
- Features highly intense headlights that makes traveling safer and easier.
- The scooter comes with A wireless speaker ensures an extraordinary sound effect.
- New colors with outstanding looks. Hence, so many options to choose from!
- Comes with Thick and durable non-slip foot pads
- Built-in Bluetooth speaker
- Auto-balance features
- US UL Certified
- 12 colors available
- Bright and colorful LEDs
- Conveniently carriable
- Admirable value
- Battery quality and battery life is not admirable; may not last so long
- Isn’t suitable for multi-terrain riding
- Does Not have any App control
- Does Not come with any separate rider modes
This self-balancing scooter is a great first-time board. Although it lacks some important features, the available functions do make it efficient and effortless to ride. Above all, it never compromises with safety and quality. Therefore, it’s a great scooter for beginners.
6. LIEAGLE Hoverboard
Featuring an infinite brightness along with an exciting riding experience, this LIEAGLE Hoverboard meets the standards and requirements set by US 2272 Safety Certification that make it comfortable and safe for both kids and adults. The self-balancing scooter offers a marvelous performance along with smooth maneuverability on every type of terrain. In addition, the hoverboard prevents non-skid riding with its 6.5-inch wheels and resistant rubber-made foot platforms. That results in a safe ride every time to every rider!
- This high quality self-balancing scooter is UL2272 certified and has been put through a number of safety checks that makes it safe enough for every rider of years 13 and above.
- As mentioned above, the hoverboard uses high quality materials and manufacturing standards.
- Comes with a bunch of high-quality LEDs to brighten your paths!
- The hoverboard features a quality Bluetooth speaker for even more entertainment on the go.
- The hoverboard is capable of handling a maximum weight of 200 lbs
- The scooter features a maximum speed of 6.2 mph
- It has a runtime of approximately one hours in a single full charge.
- Has a range of around 6 miles that mainly depends on the type of terrain
- Comes with powerful 200W brushless dual motors that deliver a high-performance riding experience
- Excellent power and performance
- Good battery life
- Battery chargers quickly
- Impressive strength and stability
- Extra LED lights
- The Bluetooth speaker quality is impressive enough
- Limited top speed of 6.2MPH
- Limited range of 6 miles
This hoverboard is a great one for everyday commuting because of its solid board, bluetooth speaker with amazing sound quality and reasonable price. Above all, the scooter is strong, easy, has comparatively lower speed, and stable enough that makes it suitable for kids and beginners as well.
7. FLYING-ANT Hoverboard
The FLYING-ANT hoverboard is a lightweight and easily portable scooter that offers a great performance and riding experience for your kid. The scooter features flashing LED lights that offer a phenomenal riding experience even when the sun gets down! The scooter comes with guided instructions that makes it so easy to ride for kids and beginners.
- UL2272 certified hoverboard.
- Comes with the latest self balancing technology for simplified riding
- suitable for kids and adults
- The LED lights makes it look stunning along with providing visibility during darker conditions
- It takes approximately 3 hours for the scooter to be charged
- The scooter provides range of up to 15 kilometers
- The top speed of 12 km/h, that is very impressive for a budget hoverboard.
- There’s also a built-in Bluetooth speaker that is pairable with every mobile device so that a rider can get additional entertainment on the go.
- Suitable for kids and adults weighing up to 264lbs
- Impressive power and performance considering the price
- Manufactured with strong shell & sturdy structure
- Available in four colors
- UL-2272 certification for proper safety
- Dual motor provides high-performance
- The balance system is not good enough
- Not waterproof that makes it unsuitable for wet weather use
- Bluetooth speaker is not good enough
Considering it’s incredibly affordable price, what you actually get for your money is quite remarkable. The scooter is powerful, stable and has a great battery life that make it an ideal scooter for beginners. A great buy at really a reasonable price indeed.
8. UNI-SUN Hoverboard
The UNI-Sun 6.5 inch hoverboard delivers an amazing service in terms of speed, charging time, range, safety and almost every other area that matters for a rider! The scooter comes with UL2272 safety certification that makes it pretty safe to ride on. Also, it represents an attractive exterior design along with a good number of LED lights that gives a rider proper visibility while riding. The 6.5-inch wheels provide a smooth riding experience on every even terrain.
- The hoverboard is Powered by dual-300W motors under the hood
- This self-balancing scooter is said to be capable enough to carry riders up to a maximum of 264lbs in weight.
- The hoverboard features 36V/2.0Ah Li-ion rechargeable batteries
- The hoverboard’s Charging times are listed as up to 3 hours
- The UNI-SUN 6.5 inch self balancing scooter has a maximum range of approximately 9 miles in a single charge. But there’s an important note that this will definitely vary significantly from one rider and terrain type to the next.
- The scooter Meets UL2272 Safety standard, also this hoverboard passes all safety tests.
- This hoverboard features a Smart Self balancing system that makes it comfortable and easy to learn and ride for beginners
- 5″ solid rubber tires gives you an amazing traveling experience
- Stylish design and admirable manufacturing quality
- an impressive performance on smooth surfaces
- Comes in a number of color and configuration variations
- speed and range is pretty impressive given the price
- Easy to ride
- A perfect one for adults and kids alike
- Extensively safe
- Bluetooth speakers available
- Slightly takes a long time of three-hours to get fully charged
- Limited to smoother surfaces and even terrains only
- Is not water resistant, and so unsuitable for wet weather
This hoverboard itself is a marvelous piece of engineering that happens to come at a reasonable price tag. The self-balancing scooter is capable enough to run at a great speed for a long hour holding weight upto 264 lbs. It has to be said that it meets almost every other requirement that a beginner or an experienced rider would look for. Hence, this is one of the most ideal ones in our list.
9. JOLEGE Hoverboard
This JOLEGE Hoverboard is one of the most outstanding scooters out there thanks to its features and design made with unyielding materials. One of the features that makes this scooter outstanding is the built-in bluetooth music system that allows you to get entertained while riding. This scooter comes with amazing colour options and attractive graphics that makes it super stylish. Also, its heavy duty construction makes it durable and stern. As this product is mainly designed for beginners, it is easy to learn and ride for everyone. Above all, the hoverboard meets UL2272 safety certification that makes it pretty safe for every rider.
- According to the manufacturer’s claim, a rider can easily learn it within 5 minutes as the hoverboard is easy and fun to ride.
- Features two LED flash wheels and two LED front lights that makes it suitable to be driven in darkness
- Comes with rubber tires to come up with effortless traction on most surfaces
- It has slip-resistant pedal to avoid unwanted fallings
- The hoverboard features UL 2272 certified battery
- It takes around 2 to 3 hours for the scooter to get fully charged and it runs up to 15 kms in that single charge.
- Environment friendly
- Comes with engine safety controls
- Features battery overload protection system
- Great option for backyard fun!
- Perfect for beginners and hobbyists
- Easy to learn balancing
- Unsuitable for long-distance travel
- Unable to do tricks
- Can climb up to only 5-10 degree slopes
- The battery has low performance
This hoverboard comes with uncompromised materials, features and an outstanding design. If you are a big fan of fancy hoverboards, this hoverboard is going to be one of your most favorites.
10. EPCTEK Hoverboard
The EPCTEK Hoverboard has made it its way in our list of the best hoverboards because of its wondrous features and admirable safety standards. The scooter comes with high quality rubber tires that adds to the other safety features of this. This one comes with UL2272 safety certification that makes it safe enough for every rider. In addition, the scooter features bright LED lights to assist you while driving in a dark place. This beginner-friendly hoverboard uses a self-balancing technology that makes it safer for kids as well. Also, it is a great scooter for a rider who loves to listen to her/his favourite music on the go as this one comes with bluetooth speakers!
- Comes with UL2272 safety certification that makes it safe and stable for everyone
- Features bluetooth speaker so that a rider can connect it to any electronic device to play music while riding
- The hoverboard has LED lights that makes it safe to be ridden in dark places
- Comes with high quality rubber tires
- Features non-slip foot pads that makes it easy to keep stability and traction
- Admirable manufacturing standards
- Suitable for both adults and kids of any age
- stable and secure enough when mounting/dismounting
- Impressive maneuverability
- Takes only two hours to get fully charged
- Some colour options do not come with bluetooth feature
- Not water-resistant
This affordable hoverboard comes with the kinds of safety features and raw power that are expected from a far more expensive self-balancing scooter. Easily mountable and dismountable, effortlessly rideable, and other marvelous features of this scooter makes it an absolute steal.
11. SISIGAD Hoverboard
This SISIGAD Hoverboard is one of the premium hoverboards in the market that has an affordable price tag. This hoverboard is for rides of all ages and of different skill sets. This scooter prioritizes safety over any other feature. Hence, it is certain that this scooter meets UL2272 safety standards. This ensures that a rider feels safe and protected while starting her/his ride on this hoverboard. The self-balancing scooter comes with a 300 watt motor that is operated by li-ion batteries. The scooter’s design includes a built-in bluetooth speaker for enjoying music on the go. Also, the scooter features LED lights to assist rider in the dark paths.
- The hoverboard comes with UL2272 certification and passed strict electrical test
- Features Dual Hub Motors
- The hoverboard comes with Lithium high-rate 5C battery
- It takes around 3-5 Hours to get fully charged
- Can be used for 30-60 Minutes in a single charge
- Riding Range is 6 Miles
- The hoverboard can hold upto 44lb to 200 lb of weight
- It has a Max Climbing Angle of 10 Degree
- The 6.5 inch Tires with high-quality rubber wheels allows a rider to get a smooth ride
- The hoverboard features bluetooth speakers that can be connected with any electric device
- Features LED lights
- Available in multiple colours
- Durable construction with quality design
- Long lasting battery
- UL2272 certified
- Suitable for beginners
- Easy to ride
- Impressive weight capacity
- Not a waterproof hoverboard
- The sound quality of the speakers should improve
- No mobile app to keep track of the scooter
The quality that makes this hoverboard a premium one is that it is a great stand-alone hoverboard, and it also does a hoverboard’s primary function very admirably. This easy, fun, stylish, and of course, affordable self-balancing scooter is a great buy for anyone.
12. Felimoda Hoverboard
The Felimoda Hoverboard is one of the top hoverboards in the market being one of the most standardized and simple products. The hoverboard features 300 watts’ dual motors. This is designed to overcome slopes and other barriers effortlessly. It also has a maximum climbing angle up to 15 degrees. However, this self-balancing scooter comes with 6.5 inch solid rubber tires that ensure a safe and smooth ride to its riders. Also, this can hold up to 264 lbs of weight that makes it a “family hoverboard”!
- This hoverboard has passed both UL-2271 battery tests and UL 2272 tests that make it undoubtedly safe to ride
- This comes with 300 watt dual motor that allows to overcome slopes and other primary hostilities
- This is manufactured with anti-fire material
- This has a max climbing angle up to 15 degree
- This has a self-balancing mode that makes this hoverboard easy to learn, balance, and ride
- The scooter features coloured LED lights in the wheels along with two LED headlights that ensure a brighter ride!
- Durable and lasts longer than most other self-balancing scooters
- Suitable for both kids and adults
- The manufacturer’s assured money back guarantee
- Easy to learn
- Easily operable
- Some users have reported that the charger point is a bit flimsy
- Takes a bit too long to get fully charged
- Not fully water-resistant and this makes it unsuitable for monsoon
Apparently it may seem like the price is a bit too high, but the features that come at a price range of this scooter, are too good to be true! A buyer will certainly be impressed with its looks, quality performance, and consistency with both kids and adults. We can assure you that you will not regret buying this one.
13. Hover-1 Helix Electric Hoverboard
The Hover-1 Helix Electric Hoverboard Scooter is one of the most budget-friendly and captivating scooters out there. Firsty, because of its wide colour and design range, you can find something that matches your personality! This one comes with ultra-bright LED wheels and a built-in battery life indicator. However, it can handle the load of a maximum of 160 lbs that makes it suitable for both adults and for children. Additionally, Helix Hover 1 is furnished with two 200 W motors along with a 36 V, 2. 0 Ah lithium-ion rechargeable battery. This battery can be charged within or in less than 6 hours. Moreover, It can reach a maximum speed of 7 mph and has a distance range of approximately 3 miles. Also, the high quality built-in bluetooth speakers provide an enjoyable ride to its rider.
- Comes with built-in bluetooth speaker
- Features IX4 water resistance
- Features MSDS UL certified power cord
- Comes with UL2272 certified battery
- The hoverboard is also UN 38. 3 tested
- Features 2 x 200W Motors
- It takes the hoverboard maximum 6 hours to get fully charged
- Features 36V, 2 Ah battery capacity
- Its battery power indicator shows battery strength
- Futuristic galaxy design camo.
- UL certification
- MSDS UL certified power cord
- IPX4 water resistance for bluetooth speakers
- Bright LED lights ensure clear Visibility
- Self balancing technology for kids and beginners
- Comes in a good number of colour options to choose from
- The battery can not hold for so long
- The maximum distance is only 3 miles
- Takes a bit too long to get fully charged
This futuristic and premium, yet affordable scooter has some fascinating features like battery indicator, LED lights, and also IPX4 water resistance for Bluetooth speakers. This certainly is an ideal option for every rider.
14. Gyroor T581 Hoverboard
The Gyroor G281 Hoverboard is a spectacular creation in the world of hoverboards. This features 8.5 inch solid tires, bluetooth feature, and UL2272 certified materials. This comes with non-slippery rubber tires that ensure a safe and protected ride for its rider. Additionally, the high quality built-in speaker provides a relishing riding experience. Again, the material of the self-balancing scooter is quality aluminium that makes this durable enough. Above all, the scooter features self-balancing technology that makes it suitable for kids and adults of any age.
- This hoverboard comes with 600 watt motors
- The scooter features off road tires that can ensure a smooth ride on all kinds of terrains
- This comes with a well-organized app that allows you to keep track of your scooter and stay in control. A user can change modes, check battery, monitor and adjust speed, and change the colours of LED lights with the help of this app.
- Speaking of LED lights, this hoverboard comes with colourful and customizable LED lights that provides you a clear vision while riding in darkness
- This has a built-in bluetooth speaker that has a high-end and tremendous quality
- Features 700W motor
- This one is UL2272 certified and UL2271 battery certified
- Also, it has passed CE,RoHS and FCC certifications.
- Mesmerizing LED wheels
- Manufactured with quality materials that make it durable enough
- Suitable for both kids and adults
- Stable and comfortable to ride
- Non-slippery rubber tires to keep you safe while riding
- The sound quality of the bluetooth speaker should be improved
- The speed range is not that impressive
The scooter provides an admirable power and a splendid performance for the price. It is arguably one of the best scooters out there that comes in a pretty affordable price range. You can keep this one as your option.
15. HYPER GOGO Off Road Hoverboard
If you are looking for a self-balancing scooter that gives you a spectacular show, this HYPER GOGO Off Road, Electric Self Balancing All Terrain Hoverboard is an ideal one for you, thanks to its illuminating and attractive LED lights and effects. This hoverboard takes great care of the riders who love to enjoy their ride listening to some good music, thanks to its high quality built-in bluetooth speaker. However, This off-road hoverboard works well enough in any terrain. In addition, it gives a decent speed of up to 7.4 MPH. Moreover, it also features a larger footpad and solid rubber wheels. Also, it can get from empty to a full charge in just 2.5 hours.
- Its ground adaptability is strong enough to deliver proper durability and provide a smooth ride
- The hoverboard has passed strict electrical tests and meets UL2272 standards that ensure secured ride
- The hoverboard comes with highly intense LED lights that light up your paths of riding
- It hardly gets any scratches, thanks to its quality material
- It offers self-balancing technology that makes it effortlessly rideable for both kids and adults of any age
- Comes with great quality bluetooth speaker that makes sure you enjoy your ride listening to your favourite music
- Easy to learn and maintain balance
- Suitable for both kids and adults
- Beginner and amateur friendly
- Full battery protection
- Provides a comfortable and smooth riding experience
- Easily mountable
- Limited speed range
- Limited top speed
- unsuitable for tougher terrains
This beginner-friendly hoverboard comes with limited top speed along with an equally limited range. Overlooking these two cons, what you get for your money is an accomplished and formidable piece that surprisingly has a powerful motor. To top it off, this scooter is capable of carrying riders of all shapes and sizes with no reluctance. Definitely a great deal!
Self-Balancing Scooter Buyers Guide
Although it sounds a bit tippy, a hoverboard or “Self-balancing scooter” law is one of the most important ones to know about before you rush into the store (or go looking on Amazon) to get yours. Being a time-saver, environment friendly, and economical transport device, self-balancing electric scooters are getting popular among people. Therefore, if you are planning to acquire a hoverboard as a transportation alternative other than riding in-doors, garage, or driveways, then make sure you are familiar with the laws for transportation in your jurisdiction for yours and others’ security reasons.
After doing a thorough research and making sure whether you can use the scooter for what you intend to use it in, it is time to know about what anyone should look for in a good self-balancing scooter while looking through the reviews. Before you commit to buy your hoverboard, make sure to consider the following factors carefully.
In general, there is a common operating principle that self-balancing scooters use; two wheels, a board and a gyroscope. For this reason, the power and wheels’ features are two of the most determining factors in their classification. Followed by this, There are only two major variations and types of hoverboards- city commuters and off-road commuters.
This type of hoverboards are suitable for use in city areas where roads have friendly and even terrain. As a result, these scooters have small wheels and mid-class motors. These minimal features result in easy acceleration along with effortless control. Moreover, these city-commuters have a lightweight and sleek design that make them stylish and easily carriable.
this type of self-balancing scooters feature high quality motors along with larger wheels and solid rubber material that make them stable and suitable for rough, uneven and muddy terrains.
check for UL 2272 certification printed on the board while buying a self-balancing electric scooter. This certification ensures that you can use the hoverboard with a guarantee of no fire, sparks emission or overheating. While purchasing online, make sure you ask the retailer if the scooter has this certification. However, there are some more tests that a self-balancing scooter needs to pass before receiving this certification. That includes the short circuit test, drop test, water exposure test, imbalanced charging test, shock test etc.
The fair estimate of average speed across all self-balancing electric scooters is 10 mph. This speed is equivalent to the speed of an adult jogging. However, some hoverboards can go all the way up to the 20-25 mph range and those that rest on the low end of the spectrum at 4-6 mph. Depending on where you intend to use this at, decide your preferred speed.
The duration of a hoverboard’s battery life after charging depends on the rider’s weight, travel speed and the quality of battery. If you are going to buy a battery separately, try to buy it from a renowned brand like LG or Samsung etc to get a good quality battery. However, it is wise to get a scooter with a battery life of one or two hours for maximum efficiency. These batteries will ensure that a rider can ride for up to 10 miles travel distance.
The pulling capacity of a scooter while carrying your weight, is known as a scooter’s power. A powerful scooter will show enough stability on any kind of terrain.
Quality and price are two connected things when it comes to purchasing the best self-balancing electric scooter. When you start researching, you will realise that the prices entirely depend on the scooters’ quality. So you must keep that in mind while looking for a hoverboard.
The most common wheel size for a hoverboard is 6.5 inches. It is the original size and most convenient size for every age and weight between 65 lbs to 200 lbs. The design prevents punctures to the tires as it’s a solid rubber base without a tube.
Self-balancing scooters do not have a good history in terms of providing safety. This is the reason why it is wise to look for and consider the warranty feature for the hoverboard you are going to purchase. In most cases, the warranty feature reflects the product’s quality. Above all, as some parts of self-balancing scooters are quite fragile, do purchase a hoverboard that comes with a parts warranty. This will result in cutting down unnecessary expenses in the future.
The weight capacity of a hoverboard doesn’t only mean the weight of the rider, but it also includes the weight of the belongings the rider is carrying. Hence, your hoverboard must be able to carry your body weight as well as the weight of your belongings to effectively run through all types of terrain.
The main feature that needs to be looked for while picking a self-balancing scooter is whether the scooter has passed UL 2272 certification test. Even a few years back the biggest issue people used to have regarding hoverboards was the fire and electrical hazards that their damaged or leaked lithium batteries could cause. However, some scooters still use lithium batteries but extensive UL 2272 tests are now done to ensure that they meet safety and construction standards. Hence, do check this before purchasing your scooter.
Another thing that you should consider is which brand you’re buying your self-balancing scooter from. As knowing the brand and having easy access to their information can clarify whether the scooter has gone under proper tests and measures to check the durability and safety, it is wise to purchase the scooter from a well-known and high-quality brand. Although the affordability of some scooters may seem appealing, you must not only buy the product without considering quality at all. Some affordably priced scooters from unknown brands may cause difficulty in getting on or off from, may slip often, and may fall apart pretty easily. This is why you must always go for a brand that you can trust completely.
You may make plans to visit malls or subway or any other public places where you would want to carry your hoverboard. It is more likely among teeenagers that they love to carry their hoverboards under their arms. Therefore, pick a hoverboard that comes in a carryable design and weight so that you don’t have to face any difficulties.
An average battery should not take more than about three hours to get fully charged. Also, if a rider uses the hoverboard for short distance, this charge should run the rider for the rest of the day. For longer mileages, the run time should be more than an hour for an efficient battery. The fact about a good quality battery is, a rider can take up to eternity without experiencing serious effects of a low battery charge.
It is a special benefit for the riders these days as technological advancements are working hard to upgrade self-balancing electric scooters by comprising cozy and luxury features including LED lights, bluetooth speakers, reflectors, mobile apps etc that are often found in motorbikes and cars. So, you may look for these luxury features if you prefer any of these.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hoverboards
Are Hoverboards hard to ride?
No, they are quite easy if you practice well. However, one of the major factors that determine the difficulty of riding a self-balancing scooter is its speed. The difficulty of riding a hoverboard increases with its speed. So if you are a beginner, go for a slower hoverboard so that you can learn how to control the hoverboard. As a result, you will hardly face any difficulty after some rides.
What age is appropriate for a hoverboard?
According to the majority of manufacturers, the minimum age recommendation for riding hoverboards starts at eight years old. Also, there are a number of experts who don’t recommend hoverboards to be ridden by kids under the age of 5.
Can Hoverboards go uphill?
Yes they can go uphill if they have a powerful battery and motor. You need to have accessories such as hill kits that are important along with 8.5-inch tires.
Can you ride a hoverboard on grass?
Yes, if you get the right hoverboard. There are all-terrain hoverboards or off-road hoverboards that are suitable for any kind of terrains. They’re specially designed to take on rough terrain, uneven pavement, and even some outdoor trails. They’re built to take a beating and carry heavy loads. Therefore, if you get one of those off-road self-balancing scooters, you can definitely ride that on grass.
Hoverboards are one of the most convenient and safest modes of transportation. Although it is most popular among children and teenagers, with some newer and better advancements on these self-balancing scooters, these are getting popular among adults as well. So, no matter whether you are a teenager or an adult or even a kid, if you are willing to get a hoverboard, do not hesitate or worry about buying one. All it takes to pick the right hoverboard is some research, a little patience, and some insights on what to look for. So know your preferences and select yours from some of the best ones we have picked for you and then you are all set to go!